Start a new career with Screen Rant while working from home at your convenient. This remote job opportunity in 2022 is open to all qualified candidates.
Screen Rant is an entertainment website that offers news in the fields of television, films, video games, and film theories. Screen Rant was launched by Vic Holtreman in 2003, and originally had its primary office in Ogden, Utah. Screen Rant had a humble start back in 2003 and, in the years since, has grown into one of the largest and most-respected entertainment news sources in the world – serving over 232 million readers in 2018 alone. We don’t just report news, we editorialize it with unique insight that engages everyone from casual entertainment lovers to hardcore movie buffs. With television, film, and video game news, reviews, podcasts, and a YouTube channel with over 6.5 million subscribers, Screen Rant is the ultimate geek entertainment destination.
Job Title: TikTok/Snapchat Writers
Salary: $41,000 – $55,000 a year
Location: Work From Home
Full Job Description
This will include fact-checking, formatting, linking, and image sourcing/very basic editing (sizing, brightness, etc.)
Pitch story ideas when none are readily available
Accept and apply any/all feedback received by the editorial team
Communicate openly and actively with the editorial team
- A passion for the content and a drive to grow within the industry
- Deep knowledge of all things tech, with an emphasis on Tiktok, Snapchat, and Instagram
- Quick learner with a strong sense of urgency
- Excellent command of the English language
- Ability to write articles free of typos and grammatical errors
- Comfortable working in an entirely virtual environment
Applicants with experience in the following areas will be given favorable consideration:
- Understanding of the difference between news and features
- Relevant experience in writing and/or editing roles (digital publications, entertainment content)
- Familiarity with WordPress
- Image editing
- Analytics (GA)
What Screen Rant has to offer:
- Open schedule – write as much as you like, whenever you like, from wherever you like!
- Future bonusing opportunities for high contributors of quality articles
- Incredible opportunities for career growth within a supportive system
- An amazing community of like-minded people to nerd-out with on a daily basis
NOTE: Only applications containing a resume and cover letter will be considered. It is essential that you demonstrate your breadth of knowledge of TikTok/Snapchat/general social media content and how it will compliment Screen Rant’s existing coverage in your cover letter. You will not be considered for the role if this information is not included. Please note that the next step in the hiring process involves a writing evaluation.
If you think this job post can be helpful to someone else, please share it on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, LinkedIn or Pinterest using the buttons below. Thank you.