Start a new career with Ampact while working from home at your convenient. This remote job opportunity in 2022 is open to all qualified candidates.
Ampact is a national organization that demonstrates the power of national service to solve complex social problems by creating innovative programs that focus on the key areas of education, environmental stewardship, and healthy futures for communities. These programs include Reading Corps, Math Corps, Early Learning Corps, Heading Home Corps, Public Health Corps, Recovery Corps and Resettlement Corps. Ampact will not discriminate for or against any AmeriCorps service member or applicant on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity or expression, political affiliation, marital or parental status, familial status, military service, or any other category protected by law. Reasonable accommodations provided upon request.
Job Title: Stewardship Facilitator
Salary:$30,000 – $41,000 a year
Location: Work From Home
Also Apply for: Enrollment Advisor at UNC Charlotte, Remote Job-$19 an hour
Full Job Description
Join the global fight for a healthy climate by taking action in local communities. Stewardship Facilitators engage people in climate issues by leading environmental action activities. Whether organizing tree plantings, water or air quality testing, community gardens or environmental education, you’ll make an incredible impact!
As a Stewardship Facilitator, you’ll develop relationships within communities, facilitate environmental activities and support participant learning and reflection. With great training and support, we’ll prepare you to engage others as you work together to pursue climate justice.
We are currently recruiting for the 2022-23 program year with opportunities beginning in January. Your commitment to the Community Resilience Initiative will be 40 hours per week.
This is an AmeriCorps member position with the Community Resilience Initiative of Climate Impact Corps. You will join an amazing group of members, determined to create change.
What to Expect
- Attend community events, gatherings and meetings to develop relationships.
- Build a network of partners and identify potential opportunities for projects and activities.
- Develop and facilitate environmental action activities.
- Share your experience with the wider community as a Climate Impact Corps ambassador.
Give your time as a Community Stewardship Facilitator 40 hours per week and you’ll receive a perks package that includes:
- A stipend of $1,100 paid every 2 weeks
- $15,400 total for 1,000 hours of service starting in January 2023
- Up to $3,247 for tuition or student loans*
- Federal student loan forbearance and interest repayment
- Individual health insurance — Monthly premium 100% covered
- Child care assistance — Based on family size and income
- *The Segal AmeriCorps Education Award can be used to pay tuition or repay qualified student loans. Individuals 55+ may gift their award to their child, grandchild, foster child or step-child.
What it Takes
Our members come from all walks of life. The most important qualification is a passion to take action for your community. However, members must meet the following minimum qualifications.
- By the time they begin their service, our members are:
- Dependable and have a history of good attendance
- Able to understand and follow instructions
- Ready to serve 40 hours per week and complete required service hours
- Competent with basic computer skills (like using email and navigating online)
- Fluent in English
- 18 years of age or older with a high school diploma or equivalent
- A citizen, national, or lawful permanent resident of the United States*
- Able to successfully complete a background check
*Applicants who have received deferred action for childhood arrivals (DACA) through the U.S. Department of Homeland Security are not eligible to serve as AmeriCorps members at this time.
Also Apply for: Data Entry at Michigan Medicine, Remote Job-$18,000/yr
If you think this job post can be helpful to someone else, please share it on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, LinkedIn or Pinterest using the buttons below. Thank you.