Start a new career with PETA Foundation while working from home at your convenient. This remote job opportunity in 2022 is open to all qualified candidates.
PETA Foundation is the largest animal rights group in the world and its affiliates have more than 9 million members and supporters worldwide. PETA fights against speciesism, a human-supremacist ideology, and concentrates on the four industries—labs, food, clothes, and entertainment—where the greatest number of animals suffer the most intensely and for the longest periods of time. The merciless killing of rats, birds, and other creatures that are frequently seen as “pests,” as well as cruelty to domesticated animals, are some of the other topics that we focus on.
Job Title: Staff Accountant
Salary: $47k – $68k a year
Location: Work From Home
Also Apply for: Social Media at Braintrust, Remote Job $35 – $60 an hour
Full Job Description
To apply principles of accounting to analyze expense information, prepare and reconcile expense statements, and use appropriate accounting-control procedures
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
• Perform weekly and monthly reconciliations and post entries to various accounts
• Manage PETA Asia Hong Kong and Manila branches including audits, cash flow and payroll support
• Assist with routine 401(k) tasks and related entries
• Analyze, verify, and post transactions to journals, ledgers, and other records
• Analyze, investigate, and correct accounting entries
• Perform reconciliation of complex transactions
• Suggest improvements in processes to increase the effectiveness of the unit
• Provide assistance with monthly and annual budget reports of the PETA Foundation and its supported organizations, including updates and distribution
• Provide assistance with annual financial audits of the PETA Foundation and its supported organizations
• Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor
• Degree in a related field or equivalent experience
• Three years of industry or public accounting experience
• Demonstrated proficiency in SAGE100 or similar accounting software
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
• Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information
• Proven excellent strategic thinking and analytical skills
• Proven ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
• Proven ability to work independently and take initiative
• Proven exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
• This position requires proof of the COVID-19 full vaccination and booster
• Ability to lift up and carry up to 50 lbs.
• Commitment to the objectives of the organization
If you think this job post can be helpful to someone else, please share it on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, LinkedIn or Pinterest using the buttons below. Thank you.