Start a new career with Github while working from home at your convenient. This remote job opportunity in 2022 is open to all qualified candidates.
About The Company:
GitHub is a website hosting service for Git-based version control and software development. It offers each project access control, bug tracking, software feature requests, task management, continuous integration, and wikis in addition to Git’s distributed version control.
Job Title: Senior Product Manager
Salary:$104,400 a year
Location: Work From Home
Also Apply for: Stewardship Facilitator at Ampact, Remote Job $30,000 – $41,000 a year
Full Job Description
As GitHub expands into new communities and new product categories, we are looking for a product manager to help define how Customer Success scales in the digital world. In this role, you will help identify opportunities within our Support Portal, Virtual Assistant, Support Tooling, and along the customer journey, to deliver customer value across the GitHub ecosystem. You will use your judgment and work closely with your Engineering, Support, Community, and Customer Success teams to build the vision and prioritize direction for the customer support experience.
A Day in the Life
Our team is distributed and works asynchronously much of the time. We currently have team members in North America, Europe, and Australia. We utilize Slack and Zoom to collaborate and communicate. In a given week you will:
- Investigate, understand and prioritize customer friction that can come from support tickets, Community, Twitter, other GitHub employees – especially the Revenue team, and any other countless locations; you will then translate the customer pain points into potential work for the our team team.
- Provide feedback, guidance, and pragmatic solutions to the engineers and program managers working on tasks.
- Build plans for one-off special projects while working cross-functionally across the company to deliver the project on time, at a high quality, and while supporting your peers within Revenue for shared success.
- Demo the team’s work to company executives and stakeholders.
- Identify potential opportunities within GitHub for the team to make an outsized impact on the GitHub product.
- Communicate frequently using written asynchronous channels – GitHub is a remote first company with employees across the globe.
Also Apply for: Support Escalation Specialist at Clubhouse, Remote Job $58,000 – $81,000 a year
- Represent the customer. You need to be the champion and voice of customers in every conversation. You will build direct relationships with our Customer Success Management and Architect teams, as well as other channels across GitHub, immersing yourself in customer feedback channels.
- Ruthlessly prioritize. You will work together with other PMs, engineering leaders and designers to make tactical prioritization decisions while helping the team think long-term.
- Collaborate within your team. You will work together with a small team of engineers to deliver a multitude of features. At any given time, you will need to provide your guidance, drive clarity and lead features across a multitude of product areas.
- Collaborate and build trust across teams. Your success will require coordination across multiple teams and domains at GitHub, across product, design, engineering, revenue, and customer-facing roles such as sales and support.
- Deliver the best work in a limited time span. You will need to listen to diverse perspectives and work with others to move forward to ship secure, maintainable, and consistent features. You will need to show a resourceful, driven attitude and a willingness to get your hands dirty when taking on tasks, while balancing pragmatic solutions against our team’s time box and exceed expectations when opportunities arise.
- 5+ years experience in engineering, design, product management, customer experience or equivalent experience with demonstrated ability to discover opportunities and define and deliver products.
- Skill and enthusiasm for translating customer feedback into actionable priorities with an eye to pragmatic solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong technical understanding, and working knowledge of Linux systems and git.
- Experience working across organizations with Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, Product, Engineering and Design.
- Entrepreneurial thinking and the ability to act effectively with only high-level direction.
- Strong communication skills, with clear verbal communication as well as explicit and mindful written communication skills, with an ability to communicate the impact of your work.
- Strong customer and stakeholder empathy and understanding.
- Demonstrated ability to lead multidisciplinary teams and cross-functional projects across a wide product area.
- Experience working in a startup environment where you feel comfortable making decisions efficiently and communicating them effectively.
- Experience driving and delivering Machine Learning and NLP architectures.
- Experience with integrations on Salesforce, Totango, or other CRM and Lead generation platforms
Also Apply for: Customer Service Representative at Comcentric, Remote Job-$11 an hour
You may be an excellent fit even if you don’t meet all of the qualifications above. We look forward to meeting you and hearing about your unique skills and experiences and what makes you a great Product Manager
Minimum salary of $104,400 to maximum $221,500 + bonus + equity + benefits.
Location: In this role, you can work remotely from anywhere in the United States or onsite in one of GitHub’s U.S. offices (San Francisco, Bellevue, Raleigh)
If you think this job post can be helpful to someone else, please share it on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, LinkedIn or Pinterest using the buttons below. Thank you.