Start a new career with TeamHealth while working from home at your convenient. This remote job opportunity in 2022 is open to all qualified candidates.
TeamHealth is a physician-led, patient-focused company. Founded by doctors, for doctors, our success stems from the ingenuity, dedicated teamwork and integrity of our people. We are one of the largest integrated care providers in the nation, having developed from a modest company founded by emergency physicians through more than four decades of experience in physician services. With 15,000 clinicians on staff today, we provide the best staffing, management, and administrative support across the whole continuum of care, from hospital-based practices to post-acute care and ambulatory centers.
Job Title: Onboarding Specialist
Salary: $34k – $46k a year
Location: Work From Home
Also Apply for: Customer Support Representative at Champ Construction Inc., Remote Job $18 – $32 an hour
Full Job Description
The Onboarding Specialist primary focus is the facilitation of clinician onboarding / cross-boarding activities and actively managing activities from screening, risk, handoff to credentials, after privileges granted and through the clinicians first year of employment. The onboarding role is an active role in facilitating and collaborating with downstream stakeholders as needed as all work towards meeting the clinicians anticipated start date. This role has an active involvement with the clinician from screening through the clinicians’ first year of employment with the company in addition to any cross-boarding activities. The Onboarding Specialist develops an individual onboarding plan specific to each clinician and his/her associated facility (ies). The Onboarding Specialist works with the clinician and collaborates with all key departments/roles through each phase in the process to ensure a positive experience for the clinician and create a positive outcome for all parties involved. The Onboarding Specialist is responsible for initiating escalation activities prior to handoff to credentials, developing mitigation plans, communicating to all stakeholders. The Onboarding Specialist is a key role in assisting with other process area escalations and will collaborate with stakeholders and clinicians to assist as needed with escalations processes. The Onboarding Specialist is responsible for coordinating follow up activities and reminders slated to occur during the first year of employment as well as responding to clinician-initiated inquiries throughout the clinician’s contract.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for managing the onboarding / cross-boarding process for new and existing clinicians including but not limited to managing clinician expectations, creating onboarding plans, facilitating communication between all relevant departments, obtain and track onboarding / crossboarding documents, provide regular communication and support to assist in resolving any conflicts that may arise.
- Autonomy to make decisions on behalf of the clinician as it relates to documents to increase clinician experience and retention throughout the process as well as influence outcomes
- Build relationships with all clinicians to support retention outcomes throughout his/her first year as well as building rapport to influence outcomes with other internal departments such as credentialing, recruitment, scheduling and clinician enrollment
- Provide project management / coordination skill set to achieve a well-rounded onboarding / cross-boarding process, working within multiple deadlines and clinicians with a consistent sense of urgency and escalation when appropriate to meet the demands of multiple departments, leadership and hospital medical staff offices.
- Use critical thinking skills and independent judgment to create and work through the onboarding plan for each clinician and escalate issues as needed
- Initiates collection of clinician documents on behalf of Human Resources, Credentialing, Enrollment, and Payroll, working in partnership to achieve anticipated start dates, clinician engagement and follow up.
- Facilitating clinician support calls with Credentialing and Enrollment as needed
- Assist as needed with clinician communication as needed to ensure return of applications (facility / payer)
- Collaborating with Credentialing as needed to monitor MSO processing and facility meeting dates to ensure clinician is kept aware of potential issues or missed privilege dates
- Ensuring end-to-end management status reports accurately reflect clinician progress
- Documents all actions, activities and maintains integrity of databases (SilkRoad / Teamworks)
- Collaborates and ensures accurate and timely handoff to Risk
- Utilizes systems for reporting and status follow up to ensure and monitor clinician onboarding activities
- Maintain flexibility and willingness to adapt to various onboarding / cross-boarding scenarios and personalities
- Participates in various projects as requested or assigned.
- Participates in an integrated work team as a responsible team member.
- Assists in the facilitation of the team process at TeamHealth by serving as an active member of team including attending all team related meetings; participating in team goals; being flexible and adaptable to change; establishing trust and respect for other team members; placing team needs first; and by completing all necessary training.
- Follows the norms and guidelines established by the team for communication, production, efficiency, conflict resolution, decision-making, problem-solving, and interpersonal relations.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in healthcare preferred
- Some college background preferred
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Assertive and confident communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal/verbal and written communication
- Excellent computer skills (preferably Microsoft Office – Word, Excel,)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines
- Ability to adapt to rapid change
- Ability to handle confidential data
- Team oriented
- Strong interpersonal skills required (i.e. active listening, communicating, teamwork, patience, empathy, being able to assess the temperament of a situation and reaction accordingly, etc.)
PHYSICAL / ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
- Job performed in a well-lit, modern office setting
- Occasional lifting/ carrying (15 pounds or less)
- Occasional standing/ bending/ stooping/ reaching
- Moderate to high stress levels
- Moderate to prolonged use of the telephone
- Prolonged sitting
- Prolonged work on a PC/ Computer
- Ability to work remotely, while ensuring minimal distractions
If you think this job post can be helpful to someone else, please share it on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, LinkedIn or Pinterest using the buttons below. Thank you