Start a new career with BookNook while working from home at your convenient. This remote job opportunity in 2022 is open to all qualified candidates
Following a brief pilot in the San Francisco Bay Area in 2016, BookNook has rapidly expanded to hundreds of schools and after-school programs in dozens of states.Our founder, who had previously established a well-researched national children’s reading foundation, started BookNook because she believed that rigorous programs could only be scaled up effectively through technology.
Position Title: Graphic Designer
Salary: $35,000 – $46,000 a year
Location: Work From Home
Full Job Description
About the Role
At BookNook, you will:
- As a member of the Marketing organization, the Graphic Designer builds on the design vision for all marketing collateral, adding creative value throughout the process of designing both print and digital projects.
- Participate in thumb-nailing, provide art direction for outside vendors, if requested, and review designs to assure fidelity to the creative vision.
- Assure that the design of key features and components is reflected in assigned components, both print and media. Taking direction on messaging from the Director, Marketing Services, they will execute the design of strands or components within all projects requested.
- Take some independent initiative by developing projects from concept to completion.
- Translate the “program experience” into visual collateral
- Create design options for concept reviews
- Integrate feedback from internal and external customers into revised designs
- Understand and support the instructional framework of a program through creative design solutions
- Coordinate with Director, Marketing Services to identify visuals needed and schedules
- Program planning and management
- Assist with design specs for the product, packaging, and collateral
- Adjust design specifications as needed
- Monitor schedules and providing information for status reports
- Make decisions that balance quality and budget concerns
- Propose illustration and photographic approaches
- Participate actively in the thumb-nailing process and creating page layout concepts
- Work closely with marketing team to implement high quality, age-appropriate design collaborative development
- Look for ways to streamline development processes
- Collaborate with marketing colleagues to meet project milestones
You’re a good fit for this role if you have:
Solid visual graphic experience and demonstrated creative skills.
Experience in a collaborative working environment.
Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Perks and Benefits:
- Competitive salary: For this role, the starting range is $75K.
- Work remotely: Live and work wherever you like in the US.
- Health insurance: We offer medical, dental, vision and pet insurance for all our team members.
- Time to recharge: We offer unlimited PTO, 12 paid holidays, and two company-wide weeks’ off.
- 401(k): With 3% company match.
- Employee stock purchase program.
- Retreat: Join us for our annual company get-together.
- Home office setup: Get a laptop + $130 monthly stipend for home expenses.
BookNook embraces diversity and is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
If you think this job post can be helpful to someone else, please share it on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, LinkedIn or Pinterest using the buttons below. Thank you