Start a new career with Crystal Dynamics while working from home at your convenient. This remote job opportunity in 2022 is open to all qualified candidates
Crystal Dynamics is an American video game developer founded in 1992 by Judy Lang, Madeline Canepa and Dave Morris and is based in the San Francisco Bay Area. Crystal is the studio that will teach you, encourage you, and challenge you to be your very best. We want our team to succeed and we achieve this by working together. Have an idea? Go ahead and share! Want to learn something new? Let’s do it. With twenty-five years of history and over thirty games developed we know what we want: top talent who are dedicated to making amazing games.
Position Title: Gameplay Systems Designer
Salary: $59,000 – $82,000 a year
Location: Work From Home
Full Job Description
Crystal Dynamics is constantly seeking the best gaming talent worldwide to add to our 30-plus year legacy of AAAA game development creating new and iconic franchises. We are committed to making great games with great people and having an awesome time living the dream while doing it.
Benefits for our full-time positions include, but are not limited to, a competitive regional salary, 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance options, professional development reimbursement perk, flexible hybrid on-site/off-site work opportunities, 10 company paid holidays, additional 10 paid days in December when the studio is closed for holiday break, and the ability to accrue weeks of personal paid time-off.
Join us and shape the future of an amazing studio culture committed to creating award-winning franchises like Tomb Raider, Marvel’s Avengers, the next Perfect Dark, and more!
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Design and collaborate with a team to integrate gameplay systems, focused on core systems, progression, RPG mechanics, quests
- Coordinate closely with programmers and artists to communicate the goals and specific needs of various systems and provide regular updates to the team
- Document game mechanics and features quickly and clearly to serve as a resource for other developers to understand the various design concepts for implementation and the decisions made that support them
- Develop flexible systems and approaches to allow for iteration and response to player behaviors and feedback
- Approach to problem solving and time management to meet strict production deadlines
- Utilize understanding of system constraints and game engine architecture to best to work within them to deliver assets
- Previous experience contributing to a high-quality title working on systems design for core systems, RPG, live ops, progression, and quests
- Visual or node-based scripting experience (e.g. Kismet, Blueprint, etc.)
- Experience working in proprietary or commercial game engines (e.g. Unreal Engine)
Bonus Skills & Experience
- Shipped AAA title
Crystal Dynamics is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to identifying and implementing positive and persistent measures to ensure equal opportunity in the recruitment, hiring, development, training, promotion and compensation of a diverse team employee group. This includes persons of different race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity or gender expression, pregnancy, breastfeeding or medical conditions related to breastfeeding, genetic characteristic, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, medical condition, political affiliation, age, veteran status, uniform service member status, marital status, physical or mental disability, or citizenship, as well as any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.