Chelsea have returned to Barcelona’s Frenkie de Jong

The summer transfer window is here, and there’s a lot of gossip swirling around who’s moving in. Transfer Talk brings you the latest news on rumors, comings and goings, and of course, completed deals!

Important story: Chelsea return to De Jong, keen on Aubameyang

Chelsea are preparing to sit down with Barcelona for talks over a double move Frenkie de Jong And the Pierre-Emerick Aubameyangto me telegraph.

The report adds that Chelsea could set aside up to £300m for the summer transfers as new owner Todd Boehle continues to support coach Thomas Tuchel, and after ESPN revealed the Blues’ interest in Aubameyang and FC Salzburg. Benjamin Sisco Earlier on Thursday, it now appears that they are eager to get back on the hunt for De Jong.

The Blaugrana They are looking to weed out the 25-year-old midfielder this summer, having agreed a total of €85m with Manchester United, and they could have a much better chance of striking a full deal with Chelsea. The Dutch international did not want to leave Camp Nou to join United, but is said to be more open to the idea of ​​switching to Stamford Bridge due to the Champions League football.

With Chelsea also continuing to search for Romelu LukakuSubstitute Aubameyang appeared at the top of the shortlist, as the 33-year-old impressed Barcelona last season, scoring 11 goals in 17 La Liga appearances. He has already brought Barcelona Robert Lewandowski And the Ravenha This summer, so the former Gabon international could be redundant.

– ESPN + guide: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup and more (USA)
Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN+ (US only)
– You don’t have ESPN? Get instant pass

live blog

09.55 GMT: Brazilian left-back Alex Telles He was speaking after joining Sevilla on a season-long loan from Manchester United.

“I’ve always seen Seville with very good eyes and when the opportunity arose, I didn’t think twice about it”, He said. “I think I’m in the right place to play my best. I had no doubts. Sevilla coach [Julen Lopetegui] It gave me confidence and it makes me excited, which is why I’m here.

“My goal of playing in the World Cup is very clear in my mind and Sevilla has given me the opportunity to do my job with confidence. That is why I am also keen to compete, because it is a very important year. Come here because it gives me the opportunity to play in the Champions League. LaLiga looks like a very competitive and strong league. It’s different from the other tournaments I’ve played in, but with the experience I have and everything I’ve been through over the years, I think it’s going to be a difficult but productive year. I expect the best from La Liga.”

09.38 GMT: Barcelona star dry He turns 18 today, with the player expected to sign a long-term contract at the club.

The Spain international is one of the hottest prospects to come from the club’s youth academy in recent years and has caught the attention of some of the top European teams.

Jaffe, who has a contract with Barcelona until June 2023, made 47 appearances for Barcelona in his first season last season.

Barcelona Director of Football Matteo Alemani was sure that Jaffe would continue at the club for the foreseeable future And he said: “We are waiting until he turns 18 on August 5 so that he can sign a contract longer than three years. We have small details to close, but we will work it out. Gavi will continue at 100% in Barcelona.”

08.47 GMTBarcelona missed the signing Cesar Azpilicueta But they don’t give up on his Chelsea teammate Marcos Alonso.

A target for Barcelona, ​​Azpilicueta signed a contract extension with Chelsea before the start of the Premier League.

Mundo Deportivo Reports suggest that Barcelona have turned their full focus on luring Alonso to the Camp Nou. Chelsea are expected to sign the Brighton defender Mark CucurellaThe doors will open for the Blues to negotiate Alonso’s departure.

Alonso, 31, is under contract with Chelsea for another season and the Spanish left-back is keen to join Barcelona. His agent, Vali Ramadan, met with executives in Barcelona last week to discuss his possible arrival.

08.00 GMT: Antonio Conte said Tottenham are heading in the “right direction” after bringing in new players but used Manchester United’s last summer window as a warning to those expecting to challenge the Premier League title.

Tottenham have signed six new players so far for around £100m including Richarlison, Yves Bisuma and Ivan Perisic, as they look to build on last season’s fourth-place finish in the Premier League.

Conte previously insisted he only joined Tottenham – whose last top-flight title came in 1961 – to compete for the biggest trophies, but said United’s woes are a prime example of how difficult it is to get close to Liverpool and Manchester City.

Asked how Tottenham could bridge the gap between the top two in the league, Conte told a news conference on Thursday: “You forgot Chelsea and that’s a big, big mistake. You’re talking about a team that won the Champions League two seasons ago. It’s really a big squad.”

“Last season they won the Club World Cup. Why are Chelsea not in this group of top teams? For me, Chelsea are in this group. They want to stay there and deserve to be considered in this position.

“Then there is United. Football is not one, more one, [equals] two. United, last season, finished sixth despite the transfer market [Jadon] Sancho and Cristiano Ronaldo and [Raphael] Varane. Two seasons ago, they took second place.

“They did this transfer market to try to win the league and finished sixth. You have to pay attention in my opinion to all these situations. We know that in England it is difficult to fight for victory but we want to try to be competitive, to try to improve last season and that is Our goal “.

game

1:13

Julian Lorenz has expressed concerns about Chelsea and Man United’s chances of finishing in the top four this season.

Paper Gossip (by Adam Brown)

sports Reports Barcelona’s interest in relegation Thomas Monnier. After losing possession of Cesar Azpilicuetawho signed a new two-year deal with Chelsea on Thursday, the Blaugrana They are now intensifying their hunt for the 30-year-old Borussia Dortmund winger. It is reported that Manchester United were also interested in him, but the La Liga side is now expected to move forward with talks, with Xavi Hernandez keen to appoint a player who could be used as an attacking right-back.

Leicester City and Nottingham Forest prepare to battle for signature Hossam Al-AwarWrites foot mercato. Lyon are said to be looking at a €15m fee in the region to part with the 24-year-old midfielder, who has also been on Real Betis and Arsenal’s radar. Al-Awar played 36 matches in the French Ligue 1 last season and contributed to scoring 10 goals.

Maxwell Cornet On the verge of signing a deal with West Ham United, according to reports Watchman. The 25-year-old versatile winger is believed to have a release clause of £17.5m after Burnley suffered relegation from the Premier League last season. And despite Everton’s interest, the Hammers appear to have won the race to reach the Ivory Coast international.

Juventus made an offer to sign dries MertensSays Gianluca Di Marzio. The 35-year-old striker is currently a free agent after his contract with Napoli expired and Bianconeri He was offered a two-year deal to move to Allianz Stadium. The Belgium international was also on Galatasaray’s radar.

Crystal Palace is looking to sign the former Barcelona midfielder Alex MorebaWrites foot mercato. It is understood that Patrick Vieira has already made contact with the 19-year-old RB Leipzig, who spent the second half of last season on loan at Valencia. The director adds that the Bundesliga side could be willing to let him go, having played just 90 minutes of football in five substitute matches.

.